Monday, November 19, 2007

I Love Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is great. At our home it means low-key family time, food, naps, football watching, maybe some sort of physical activity and time reflecting on the blessings in our life. Not much fluff or over-preparation which means I'm never disappointed. I also find it special that Thanksgiving is a holiday unique to our country (well, maybe Canada celebrates it too, but on a different day). Oh, and I can't forget to mention that I LOVE all Thanksgiving foods! Mashed potatoes, turkey, stuffing, cranberries, sweet potatoes, especially when they're all mixed together.

We're celebrating at my parent's house in Issaquah this year. Mom's oven just broke, so we're all pitching in to complete the meal. I've got my 20 lb bag of russet potatoes ready to go for the mashed potatoes and the Remlinger Farms pies are in the freezer.

Will helped me out at the grocery store today while I picked up a few items. Crowded grocery stores are the only thing I don't like about Thanksgiving, so I was glad to have my sidekick with me for support.

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday.


No comments: