Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Babies, babies, babies

This spring/summer will mark the arrival of many new babies into the world. John and I eagerly anticipate the arrival of Baby Farley, who is due to arrive sometime in the next month. I co-hosted a shower this weekend for Laurel and baby, at which there were, if I'm counting correctly, 7 pregnant women! Out of 20 guests, that's a pretty high percentage!

Speaking of pregnancies, ours is progressing very well. I feel very large to only be 24 weeks along, but as my doctor told me at my last visit, "you do make big babies" :-) I'm trying to watch my sugar intake which isn't easy when I crave sweets all the time, as I was a borderline gestational diabetic with Will, and the risk goes up with subsequent pregnancies. Despite continuing to grow, I'm still able to tote Will around, and I'm getting lots of back rubs from Johnny at the end of the day.

At 13-months old, Will is doing wonderfully. I took him to a Gymboree class (baby activity class) this morning and he was SO HAPPY! He loved the obstacle courses and the parachute most of all. He wore a grin on his face the entire time. This boy was made to move, so any time I can give him that freedom, he is very appreciative. I'm relishing this time with him as an only child. I know that having two will also be wonderful, but I won't have as much time to dote on him, so I'm doing lots of that now.

Here are some recent pictures:







Laurel's Baby Shower



1 comment:

McCrery said...

Hey Carly how's it goin! Glad to see Baby #2 is progressing well! Will looks absolutely adorable! Hey I noticed you went to cabo a couple times while you were pregnant, any tips for someone who will be 6 1/2 months and in Hawaii? Sun Lotion, cute maternity stores ect? Any help would be GREAT!!