Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Day in the life

Sometimes people ask what I do every day while being a stay at home mom. Besides the obvious (get up, get kids dressed, feed kids, get kids to nap, etc) which takes about 3 times as long as normal, we actually get to do a lot of fun things. With Will getting older and more aware of the world around him, we find ourselves looking for more places to explore. We go to the zoo, the aquarium, to the park, for walks, to the museum, and basically anywhere that will allow small children to run loose. It's been a bit tougher with Jane in tow, since I can't chase after a very active toddler quite as easily, but we're getting the hang of it. (I am avoiding Costco and Target like the plague, because I have visions of Will running through the aisles and not being able to catch him).
Anyway, life is good and I'm very thankful to be around every day to be with our beautiful children:

Here are a few pictures of the past week at Kelsey Creek Farm (free and fun place for kids to look at animals) and also of a play time we hosted with toddlers around Will's age:

Kelsey Creek



Will trying to play with Jane--she loves watching him!

Will and his new friends, Iman and Adam

Van and Simran

One happy boy

1 comment:

C.J. and Jen said...

I just need to say props to you for doing all of these things. I know how crazy it can be to add activities to your schedule when you have a toddler...and then you have a baby on top of all of it. You're an awesome mom, Car!