We chose the name Joy because we love the simple beauty of it. The word Joy correlates, in our minds, with the everlasting Joy we have in life with Jesus. Elisabeth is my middle name, and I've always loved it.
In terms of Joy's birth, I went into labor early on Monday morning, which was neat because even though I knew that I'd have to have a third c-section, I also knew that, because I was going into labor naturally, Joy was fully cooked and ready to arrive in the world. The surgery went smoothly and recovery thus far has been steady. We know that many prayers have been covering us all week and we are so thankful.
I forgot how much I love newborns and how snuggly and precious they are. John and I enjoyed having a couple days in the hospital to just hold Joy and spend some time with her and each other.
Will and Jane seem to be handling the new addition to our family well, although there is definitely still a lot of novelty surrounding Joy's birth.
Both Will and Jane understand that "Mommy has an owie" and have been patient and understanding in the fact that I can't lift them or chase them around just yet.
Jane is taking on an active role as older sister, wanting to constantly rock baby, snuggle baby, and attend baby's doctor's appointments with me. Will thinks that Joy is very cute and loves to touch her soft hair, but is probably looking more forward to having a playmate in the future. When I asked him if he had any questions about his new sister, he wondered "Why can't she play with me?"
Here are some pictures of our joyful addition taken over the past few days, with more to come as I find the time to download them:





3 comments:
Congrats Simon family! What a beautiful addition to your family.
Shes gorgeous! Congrats a million times over. :) Take care of yourself momma!
She is so incredibly cute. I am thrilled for you guys and your precious little addition!
Post a Comment