Saturday, February 18, 2012

Kindergarten Registration

We're so excited about the school that Will is going to attend in the fall. Its a small Christian school in Fall City (only an 8 minute drive from our house) called Summit Classical Christian School (http://summitclassical.org).

We first visited Summit last spring just to check it out. A friend had mentioned it to me, and I thought I'd take a look since I didn't know anything about it. John and I were both very impressed with the school and this past fall decided to submit an application and continue to pray about what would be best for our family.

The application process has been drawn out. Besides the actual physical application that we submitted, we also brought Will in for a kindergarten readiness assessment, and then our whole family went in for a group interview where they asked us questions, and answered the questions we had about the school. Despite our three hooligans running all over the place during the interview, the staff at Summit seemed to think that we'd be a good fit.
I thought John was going to reach over and hug the board member interviewing us when he said, "Although students at Summit do really well on standardized tests, etc, Academics are NOT our main priority at Summit." Rather, Summit's mission is to "assist faithful parents in educating their children to the glory of God applying Christian principles through classical methods."
How refreshing and Amen to that. We can't wait to be a part of it. On a side note, Will is going to continue seeing an OT through the school district (we do pay taxes afterall!) next year which we are happy about. And now you know what I know.

Rather than feeling anxiety about next fall, I feel eager anticipation. We'll take it a year at a time, but for now this is where we will be. We feel blessed that God has lead our family to this point and will continue to seek His guidance as we parent our three kids together.

No comments: