Wednesday, June 4, 2008

June showers

I usually don't mind rainy weather, but when you've got a busy toddler, it's tough to find things to do inside! Plus, I'm kind of being anal about germs right now because I don't want Will to get sick right before the baby arrives, so we're trying to avoid areas with a high density of snot-nosed kids when possible. For those of you who know Will, you know that everything goes into his mouth, so staying on top of sanitaion is virtually impossible. I just try to do my best :-)
Today we made play-doh and set up a fort inside which was great fun. The weather dried out a bit so we could go for a nice walk this evening in our new stroller (Thanks, Dirk and Nedra!!)
Not so sure about the play-doh...

Playing in our fort

I still can't believe that we will be a family of four so soon. I'm trying to prep Will in little ways for the change by, for example, making the bed time routine shorter since I won't be as available when baby comes. I used to rock him to sleep most nights mostly because I'm a sucker and love doing it. Because I know that this can't go on forever, I've started just giving him a bottle, singing him a song and putting him down awake, and he seems to be fine with this. I'm also trying to be better about giving him a consistent schedule, which has helped. We still have the binky and the bottle and I'm not even going to mess with these two things until baby has been around for a while. I sure love this little guy, he's going to be a wonderful brother.

Preggo picture taken a few days ago

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

You are such a wonderful mother and a beautiful preggo lady too! I love that you spent yesterday building forts with Will, sounds like lots of fun!