Thursday, June 18, 2009

Willy J


I LOVE Will's age right now. Sure there are difficult moments (like Tuesday when I tried to take the kids out for ice cream and Will decided to yell and scream that this (McDonalds) wasn't a REAL ice cream shop. Before things could get too out of hand, I decided to cut my losses, pack up the kids and leave).

Overall, though, I love how funny, loving, curious and down right adorable he is.
Here are a couple recent examples of this:
1. I got a few cds for my birthday (thanks, Andy and Libby) of Bible verses set to music that we really enjoy. I didn't realize that Will was really listening to the words of the music until he said, "Mommy, sing 'Here We Go' Song."
The'Here we Go' song is based on Matthew 28:19 (Therefore go and make disciples of all nations...)
So, I started singing it and Will totally started saying the words on his own "Here we go, make 'sciples of all nations, baptize...what comes next, mommy?" Of course, I melted!
2. We always try to teach Will to say 'Please' and 'Thank you' but today, unsolicited, after giving him a snack, he said "Thank you, Mommy, Love you, Mommy." This is BIG!!
3. We saw some middle school guys rough housing in the park a few weeks ago. Two of them were wrestling in the grass. Will, standing on top of the playground yells, "Mommy, those Man is snugglin'"

1 comment:

The Shepherd Family said...

Too CUTE! I can't wait until Landon can talk in sentences. Isn't it the best when they say please & thank you on their own. Every time Landon does it my smile stretches ear to ear. Even better is when they give hugs and kisses randomly without being prompted...your kids are adorable!