Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Surprise Sunshine

We had an unexpected sunny day in Seattle, so the kids and I made a trip out to Greenlake to walk, play and eat with Gretchen and her friends.
We almost didn't make it, as my baby girl's stomach decided to rebel and lose it's breakfast in the car on the way there. However, seeing as this is a normal occurence for my car sick-prone girl (Will responded with "Uh-oh, Sissy, your tummy always does that"), we cleaned up, rallied, made it to Peets Coffee for a muffin and continued on with our day, a little stinkier, but happy. I seriously need to locate some baby dramamine because this is getting ridiculous.

Walking around Greenlake with busy toddlers is easily a two hour ordeal. Think they'd sit still in the stroller the whole time? Think again. We had to stop to watch the turtles, throw rocks into the lake, look at dogs, get snacks, give rides on our shoulders, etc. I loved having all the time in the world to enjoy the scenery and company. Will loved having the attention of four ladies and was chatting and making up songs the whole way. Jane is my independent girl, and besides copying what brother did, she loved running off to explore things on her own.
Both kids are currently zonked out and normally I'd be napping away with them, but I think my first trimester fatigue is finally starting to subside so here I am uploading some pictures.
Now that the nausea/fatigue stage is slowly starting to improve, I'm loving being pregnant. At 16 weeks, my belly is starting to pop out (love it!) and I know that I'll start feeling baby move any day.








2 comments:

a:w:m said...

Wish I knew...I went at Green Lake around 10. Maybe I ran right by you guys. See you this weekend.

C.J. and Jen said...

I LOVE the part about the walk taking 2 hours...I completely understand. Glad you're feeling better!