Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Childhood Friends



Toy Story I and II are both beloved family films in our household. We are looking forward to bringing Will and (maybe) Jane to see the third installment as their first movie theatre experience this summer.
This past weekend, we watched Toy Story II together and Will especially enjoyed it. In the movie, Jesse, the cowgirl, recalls how she was once loved by her owner who was a young girl named Emily. As Emily grows up, she slowly loses interest in Jesse, who is abandoned under her bed for years and ultimately donated to Goodwill (see video/song below sung by Sarah McLachlan).




Will, as most of you know, is best friends with his giant-sized stuffed Pooh Bear. He and Pooh have been inseparable since my mom got him for Will about two years ago at (ironically) the Goodwill.
I'm guessing that the above scene from the movie effected him more than I thought because yesterday, he was playing with Pooh and looked up at me suddenly with tears in his eyes and said,
"Mommy, someday I'm going to think that Pooh is boring."

"Don't worry," I said. "You have lots of time to love Pooh."

"But Mommy," Will sobbed (now fully in tears). "I will think he's boring and I don't want to ever stop loving Pooh, I want to love him forever, even when I'm a big boy."
So precious. Even tough guys cry sometimes.

2 comments:

C.J. and Jen said...

Ok, that is seriously SO sweet and adorable!

Gretchen said...

aww..so sweet. willie! what a love bug.