
This has to be documented on the blog: Will is beyond into dinosaurs. I now know more about dinosaurs than I ever imagined possible. 3 months ago I knew that a T-Rex was a scary meat eating dinosaur. Now I know how many T-Rex fossils have been found (30), how big a T-Rex was (40 feet long), how many fingers a T-Rex had on each arm (2) and that the top speed of a T-Rex is a topic of great debate amongst paleontologists (15-40 mph).
Despite his love for the T-Rex, Will gets frustrated that Jane in her dinosaur ignorance calls any dinosaur with big teeth a "T-Yex" as clearly she should know that there are dozens of other dinosaurs that look almost identical to the T-Rex with just a few slight differences. Jane is so sweet though and plays dinosaur games tirelessly with Will all day long because she loves her big brother so much.
The kids and I go to the library at least once/week mostly so that Will can renew his stash of dinosaur books and movies.
We've had the "young earth vs old earth/what happened to all the dinosaurs" conversation with Will and he is looking forward to asking God someday why/how the dinosaurs all died.
Every night Will requests a song and story about dinosaurs, usually meat-eating dinosaurs as those are his favorite. Tonight we talked about the T-Rex, Ceratosaurus, Allosaurus, Albertosaurus, Utahraptor and Giganotosaurus. He likes to call himself a Compsognathus as this was a meat eater that was right about his size.
If you've spent even 5 minutes with Will in the past 2 months you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.
Today a direct quote from Will after his sister went #2 in the bathroom:
"Sissy look!! Your poop looks like T-Rex bones"
1 comment:
Hey Carly! This is Jen's sister. I love this post! I didn't care one bit about dinosaurs either, but you better believe I know a thing or two now!
"Compsognathus" - I wonder how many people could pronounce that correctly the first time...but most three year old boys probably could!
Very cute!
Post a Comment