Monday, December 19, 2011

DISNEYLAND!

We were giddy getting into Disneyland. The nostalgia, the joy of seeing your kids have so much fun and the sheer impressiveness of Disney made it a wonderful day. Because we're staying about 90 minutes from Disneyland, this was our only day there. We left before 7am and didn't get home until 8pm tonight so naturally, there was some crankiness throughout the day. But, it was so fun and a day that I will store in my memory bank. THANK YOU to my parents for treating us to such a wonderful time!
Highlights:
-Will meeting Pooh. He waited and waited and it almost didn't happen due to Pooh being a unionized employee who needs to take frequent potty breaks. When Will finally met Pooh Bear, he hugged him and kissed him and told him about the special Pooh Bear that he has at home. It was so sweet, it brought tears to my eyes.
-Jane going on Space Mountain and Thunder Mountain with John and I. The height minimum is 40" and she JUST made the cut. She was terrified in Space Mountain (halfway through the pitch black ride I hear a quiet "I don't like this" next to me), but I think she had fun as she went on Thunder Mountain right after. It will be fun to tell her in the future that she tackled a monster roller coaster when she was only 3.
-Jane watching the Disney Princesses at the "Princess Coronation." Sleeping Beauty, Snow White and Cinderella lead the kids in a maypole dance and princess dance lessons. So cute.
-Joy riding on the carousel. Pure sweetness.
-The Christmas Parade was so impressive. It was neat seeing all of the beautiful decorations throughout the park, and the parade did a nice job showcasing the characters for the kids to see.

















No comments: