Friday, July 20, 2007

Change in plans

We were planning to go down to California today for a visit with our cousins, Josh & Tiffany and their twin babies, Brielle and Cadence. Unfortunately, Will and I have been battling a bug that we picked up in New York (at least that's what I'm blaming it on), and that bug has decided to make itself at home in both of us. It has manifested itself as strep throat in me and a double ear infection and cold in Will. So, rather than have a miserable go of traveling and exposing this super-bug to the twin babies, we have decided to stay home.

We are thankful that there is medicine available to treat both of us. Tylenol just hasn't been cutting it. Bring on the antibiotics! I am also thankful that we decided to head to the doctor rather than wait it out any longer. After spiking a temperature of nearly 104 a couple nights ago, I knew that something was up and my body was trying to tell me so. Let's pray that this nasty bug will leave us once and for all.

The good news is that our tickets are redeemable for up to a year, so we'll head down in the near future. Josh & Tiff live in Temecula, CA which is hot nearly year-round, so perhaps we'll head down when the Seattle weather starts to go sour. Also, Josh and Tiff are bringing the twins up here over Labor Day weekend, so we'll get to see them soon.

Will is cute as ever despite being sick. Here are a few recent pictures that will hopefully brighten your day:


Caught mid-cough


Drooling is my middle name

Hey, I love to get dirty (bonus: you can see my two new bottom teeth if you look closely)

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

Oh Carly! I am so sorry to hear how sick you guys are! Dont hesitate to call me if you need anything, we will be in Issy tomorrow and I am sure Chuck would LOVE an excuse to leave the family and bring you guys anything you need!