Thursday, January 31, 2008

What a year it has been

Tomorrow is the big day for Will, but it really began today one year ago...this time last year I had already been in labor for many hours. My water broke at 4am on January 31st and I checked into the hospital at 11am that morning. Family rushed to the hospital to be present for the action. Well, they needn't have hurried as things were a slow go. I finally had an epidural around 6 that evening when water baths, breathing techniques and clinching my teeth and bearing the pain weren't getting me any closer to being ready to push. My dad even had time to book a flight from Salt Lake and make it to the hospital with plenty of time to spare!
Of course Will finally made it out on February 1st at 9:30 in the morning and the rest is history. What a wonderful year it has been having the privilege to be Will's mother. He is so full of joy and curiousity and I am thankful that I can spend every day watching him grow. Motherhood has already taught me many things and I am humbled by God's gift. Happy Birthday, Will!





1 comment:

Lyssa said...

It is so amazing to think about this day last year and all that he would bring to your lives. You are both such wonderful parents and are raising a very special little boy. Happy Birthday Will!!