Saturday, May 15, 2010

Simons Love Cheese


Seattle's annual Cheese Festival at Pike Place Market is this weekend and we took advantage of the sunny day to head over this morning with the kids. We arrived at 9:45 (sampling starts at 10 am) to ensure minimal lines and maximum cheese consumption. So delicious. I bought a baguette and would tear pieces of it off to eat with the cheese which made sampling even more tasty. I was impressed by our kids, who tried every kind of cheese that we did and didn't thumb their noses at even the stinkiest of cheeses.
I should've taken notes because now that we're home, I can't remember what my favorites were, they were all so good. I even enjoyed an amazing garlic goat cheese, and I don't normally like goat cheese.
I'm also just now realizing as I type this that in my enthusiasm to consume as much cheese as possible, I forgot to check if any of the cheese was/wasn't pasteurized. Oops. Oh well, at least I'm far enough along in this pregnancy that it (hopefully) won't matter too much if I ate some funky cheese.




No comments: