Monday, October 13, 2008

No More Obama Babies

I try not to talk politics on this blog, but I just want to give my two cents about a recent trend I find kind of annoying. Maybe some think it's cute, but I grow weary of seeing 6 month old babies with a picture of Barack Obama on their onesie that says "Obama Baby" or "My Mama's for Obama." I haven't seen anyone in a McCain onesie, maybe because McCain doesn't rhyme with Mama or Dada. Or, maybe it's because there are roughly two Republicans in the greater-Seattle area and one of them is writing this post.
Regardless, whether you like Obama or McCain, put a sticker on your car, wear a pin, stick a sign in your yard, or dress up like your favorite candidate for Halloween. But please, oh please, don't turn your kid into a walking (or crawling) billboard.
p.s. I saw an even worse onesie today. It had a picture of President Bush that said "President Poopyhead." What's wrong with us? What are we teaching our children? The lack of respect we have for authority just amazes me.


Is it just me, or is this more creepy than cute?

2 comments:

Carly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I agree--although I think most moms who buy those shirts for their babies probably just like Obama because Oprah told them too.
-Sarah