Tuesday, January 20, 2009

January Snapshot

I got the idea from a friend to do a monthly snapshot of each kid since they change so much from month to month. This is for me as much as anyone else so that I can look back and remember the kids at this age. Here goes January:

Will

Latest words: "Nope" "Snuggle" "Blue's Clues"
Favorite things: Bugs, rocket ships, Pooh, Diego, trucks, acting out "The Three Little Pigs" story
Favorite food: Pirate's booty
Dislikes: The doctor's office with a passion--literally screams for the duration of the appointment, getting his eczema lotion put on
Accomplishments: Counts to ten with some encouragement, can complete puzzles by himself
Highs: Going to the cabin in Hansville with Pa, Gramma and fam
Low: Getting a staph infection on his tummy
Tender Moments: Now gives sister good night hugs and kisses


Jane

Favorite things: Will, Mom, Dad, Olive
Favorite foods: Avocado, pirate's booty
Dislikes: Getting put to sleep
Accomplishments: Drank from a straw, can hold herself up on her arms and spin in circles on her tummy, sits up momentarily unassisted, does barrel rolls
Highs: Getting hugs from brother
Lows: Currently has a cold
Tender Moment: Her fascination with cousin, Evey

2 comments:

PROUD MOMMY said...

LOVE this idea, Carly. Will probably end up stealing it from you! What a neat thing to look back on.
Has Will always had excema? what type of lotion/medicine are you using? Drayson also has it pretty bad and we have been trying to get a handle on it. It has just been so cold and dry this winter. Caleb never had any skin "stuff" so this is my first go round.

The Shepherd Family said...

I really like this idea too! I might do it with Landon. And how did you get Jane to drink from a straw? Landon's 1 now and just chews on the straw or gaggs himself. Oh and a question for you, when Will turned 1, did he suddenly act like a pill? Landon keeps throwing fits and refuses to take naps. I think I have a very "strong-willed" kid...email me if you have any insight. mrs.shepherd@gmail.com