Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sweetest thing I heard all day:

Jane: "Mommy, I want to be a doctor so I can fix Baby Joy"
Our kids are so sweet to their little sister!

Joy has had a rough week...nasty diaper rash/infection, possible UTI and then hives last night after I tried giving her some yogurt. I was trying to give her some natural probiotics to help with the infection, but it was obviously a bad idea as her system wasn't ready to handle the dairy yet. She is one sensitive girl. In an attempt to try and help avoid more diaper rashes, the doctor suggested switching to cloth diapers. I have always been a fan of the convenience of disposables, but I'm going to have to get over this if it means helping Joy. Hope it works!
Here is Joy in her new cloth diapers:

2 comments:

Nicki said...

if you are using pampers, check and see if it has dry max in them. A friend of mine has a little boy who broke out in blisters after one time use of the dry max, she researched it and called the company and some children have a reaction to the diapers.

Carly said...

Thanks, Nicki. That's interesting and makes a lot of sense. So far, cloth diapers are doing the trick, but if we ever go back to disposable I'll use the non dry-max/non-chlorine type diapers for sure.