Thursday, March 3, 2011

It seemed like a good idea at the time

I had to make a same-day doctors appointment for Joy yesterday afternoon. Poor thing has a diaper rash that just won't quit. It got so bad that she couldn't sleep, so the doctor took a look and prescribed us something that will hopefully heal the poor baby's hiney quickly. Will and Jane were such helpful and compliant siblings that I decided to let them pick out a treat while we were waiting at the pharmacy for Joy's prescription to be filled.
Will chose Reeses Peanut Butter cups and Jane chose a cheerleading baton. Seemed like reasonable choices at the time but when we got home I quickly realized that the baton would not work well as an indoor toy. The thing weighs a lot and HURTS when it is thrown into the air and comes down on ones head. Thankfully, we avoided too much damage to the house or ourselves, but from now on the baton throwing will occur outside or in a vacant/padded room.
I had to snap a few pictures of Jane with the baton, because she was soooo excited and enthusiastic. Future Husky Cheerleader perhaps?? I can't look at these pictures without laughing out loud to myself.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure if you use wipes with every diaper change. But if you do, try stopping and only using wipes with number two. I learned this trick from my older sister. None of my three kids ever had diaper rash

Carly said...

Thanks for the comment. I too only use wipes when needed but she's still sensitive. So far, cloth diapers and lots of cream are helping a lot.