In what's being called a "real life Home Alone," a toddler was left by his family at the Vancouver airport earlier today. His parents boarded the flight, took off and didn't even realize he was gone. He was eventually found by airport staff wandering around alone between the security checkpoint and gates. No one had reported a missing child, so it took a while to locate his parents.
Okay, I understand that having a toddler can lead to lapses in common sense (I once forgot to put a diaper on Will and took him out to lunch, only to realize at the restaurant that my pee-soaked baby had no diaper on).
Traveling with kids is very chaotic, so I might understand this happening if you have, say, seven or eight kids, but in this case there was only ONE child and FOUR adults traveling with him. And, to make matters worse, the toddler's parents didn't even realize he was gone until contacted by flight staff. Unbelievable!
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/travel/2004413104_webairportlost14.html
No comments:
Post a Comment