Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Will's Noggin

I took Will in for his 15 month well baby check this morning which went well. He's healthy as a horse and growing a lot (33+" and 27 lb). The pediatrician gave me some pointers on acclimating Will to the new baby which was helpful.
One thing I always get a kick out of at these appointments are the measurements, specifically the measurement of Will's head. The nurse always checks his weight and height without much problem (maybe some squirming and a little crying by Will, but no big event) but the head always takes a while to measure. Without fail, they measure 2 or 3 times, write down the number, then say "I don't think that's right" and then measure 2 or 3 more times just to realize that the first number was right. Then they go to the growth chart and show me that his head his way off the charts compared to other kids his age. I think it means he's going to be an absolute genius with all that space for brain development :-)

Bottom line: Will has a BIG HEAD!!

2 comments:

C.J. and Jen said...

Hahaha....that totally cracked me up. But big heads are definitely more attractive than small ones, so Will should count himself blessed!

Heidi said...

OH my gosh Carly! I have been the biggest ditz lately... I JUST realized you posted on my blog. It is so good to here from you! I have to say, I have been loving to read about your little family too. You are the cutest stickin prego lady. :) We should definitely all get together sometime soon, lunch or something. And this post is HILARIOUS! I know my little baby is going to have a big head too! I'm sure I'll laugh about it-once he is out of me... haha
Heidi