Instead of going to Wenatchee, we spent Friday night up in Monroe with Bryson, the Painters and their new golden retriever puppy, Fonzy. Their place felt like a mountain lodge paradise as they already had over a foot of snow and got another 10 inches today up there. We made sure to get home early yesterday to beat the storm and it's a good thing as we are definitely snowed in right now--John will have to do some serious shoveling if he wants to attempt to go into work tomorrow.
What a fun memory this is and I'm SO thankful that we didn't lose power during the storm. Today we mostly stayed inside but did venture out a couple of times to gather snow to make snow ice cream (milk/cream or egg nog+snow+sugar+vanilla+food dye and sprinkles if you have a toddler) and marvel at how beautiful the snow is.
Here are some pictures from our weekend:






2 comments:
How fun! The Painter's puppy is adorable. What is snow icecream? I have never heard of it and it sounds fun. I am glad you guys are enjoying the snow!!
Just mix together milk (cream or whole milk works best), snow, vanilla or whatever flavoring you want and sugar. It's a refreshing treat! I made it all the time growing up...Will especially likes it with blue food dye. Mmm....blue.....
Post a Comment