Random quick story...
For some reason our local library is a hang out for all sorts of random crowds of people with nothing better to do (that's a story in itself). I guess a library parking lot is as good a place as any to loiter. Anyway, today we went to the library for our weekly exchange of books/movies. On our way out, there was a group of oblivious teenagers standing in the middle of the parking lot as teenagers like to do. As we're walking past the group, I see out of the corner of my eye a purple cadillac with spinner rims, tinted windows and who knows what else pull into the lot. You better believe that car had some major bass going and REALLY loud rap music playing. I'm thinking "fine, okay, this is fairly normal..."
Meanwhile I'm trying to cross the parking lot before the cadillac gets to us because it's obvious that the car is friends with the group of teenagers and it'll likely stop in the middle of the lot, blocking our path. I can only hold Will and Jane at the same time for so long you see (I am strong, but I am also human), and I don't want anything blocking my way. We just make it past when Will leans over, causing me to almost fall over not to mention almost drop Jane. He manages to wriggle loose from me and run back towards the cadillac. Luckily the car is already stopped, but I'm thinking--"Will, what the heck are you doing?"
Let me tell you what he was doing. Will had run up to the car and started dancing to the music as only Will can do. This just made my day---so funny. I love my son.
No comments:
Post a Comment