Thursday, April 23, 2009

Coulon Park revisited

Obviously a lot has changed in our family in the past year--it's grown by a whole person! I was reminded of this in a very tangible way when we met my dad at Coulon Park a couple days ago. Almost exactly one year ago, I took Will to this same park on a similarly warm April day. I was almost 8 months pregnant with Jane at the time and Will and I had a great morning playing at the park. Before we left, I decided to take Will to look at the ducks who were swimming in the water near the beach. To my surprise, Will took off at a full-on run into the water. He didn't get far of course, but we were both absolutely soaked, clothes and all. I'm sure we were a site to see (picture soaking wet hugely pregnant lady toting a stripped-down 14 month-old back to her car)
Well, Tuesday, I sat at the beach in the same spot thinking about how much our family has grown and changed in the past year. No longer pregnant but now, only one year later, with a vibrant 2 year old and soon-to-be 1 year old. I was thankful to have another set of hands with me this time, as Jane would've loved to repeat what her brother accomplished last April by taking an unplanned dip in Lake Washington. She took off crawling towards the water every chance she could get.






1 comment:

Van Dyk Family said...

I love your stories Carly! I can't believe how big your little girl is getting. Hope we can see you soon!