Saturday, April 4, 2009

Doggy Doo-Doo

In the hopes that someday I can print off our blog to have as a keepsake of our early days as parents, I want to document a recent occurence in our household...

On occasion, in the winter months, our pug, Olive enjoys "faking" like she's going to the bathroom outside and then doing her business indoors so she doesn't have to get wet and cold.
Anyway, the other day this apparently had happened before I could discover it. Jane found the present that Olive left before I did and decided to take a taste. I found her mid-bite, smiling. This shouldn't have shocked me, as something similar happened when Will was around Jane's age. He was playing outside and picking up pine cones when I discovered that, Oops--that wasn't a pine cone that he had stuck in his mouth.
For some reason, however, seeing my gentle sweet princess holding dog poop created more of a reacion in me. Afterall, Boys are supposed to eat worms, play in the mud, get really dirty. Oh, well. She survived the incident with no visible damage done. Maybe she was trying to earn street credit in her brother's eyes, who thought the incident was hilarious.

2 comments:

PROUD MOMMY said...

OH YUCK! I can't beleive that hasn't happened at our house before. Though Drayson has taken a little taste of the dog food before.

Also, have you checked out www.blurb.com? I know someone that has bound 2 years of their blogging that way....turned out really nice and not too expensive.

C.J. and Jen said...

O.M.G. That is one of the grossest things I have ever heard. Poor Janie. Now I don't feel so bad about Owen simply handing me a piece of dog poop today!