I joined a friend's meal swap about a year ago and then recently decided to start my own closer to home. What is a meal swap you might ask? In our case, it's a group of ladies who prepare a single meal in bulk, divide it into 4-person servings sizes and then get together to swap these meals, ending up with several ready-to-go freezer meals for the month.
Last month, I made Peanut Chicken and came home with White Bean Chili, Orzo Soup, Lasagna, and Beef Lentil Stew. Yummy!
This month, I made a huge batch of Beef Stew and can't wait to see what I end up with tomorrow at our swap. I'm hoping to compile the groups' favorite recipes later in the year for a little recipe book of sorts.
Even with some recent dietary restrictions in our family (long story) I like having the meals available for lunches, company and dinners when John is travelling for work.
If you're on the Eastside and want to join or swap or start you own, let me know!
No comments:
Post a Comment